Toroidal Ring Type CTs
A range of ring type current transformers suitable for primary currents from 1A-5000A with 1A or 5A secondaries. This standard range of measuring and protective current transformers is available as resin coated or tape wrapped.
Suitable for measuring or protective applications with accuracies of class 0.2, 0.5, 1, 3, 5P10, 10P10 etc.
- Primary currents from 1A - 5000A.
- Measuring or Protective types.
- Base or busbar mounting.
- Choice of sizes to customers specification.
- Conforms to IEC 44-1, IEC 185, and BS7626.
- Rated system voltage 0.72 / 3kV.
- Ambient temperature range -30ºC to 85ºC.
- Frequency Range 5-60Hz.
- Insulation Level, 3kV (50Hz for 1 minute.
Where possible the instrument is remote from the CT, the VA imposed by the length of the connection wires should be taken into consideration.
The graph opposite outlines the effect of connection wire length on VA.
For example, a 400/5A CT with 2 primary turns passed through the centre, will provide an actual ratio of 200/5A